Link
I rember reading about this a year or so ago if the Docs can make this a real solution it would have to go down as one of the greatest medical achevments in history
Link
I rember reading about this a year or so ago if the Docs can make this a real solution it would have to go down as one of the greatest medical achevments in history
IMO, if we were pushing stem cell research in this country, we would already have breakthroughs that would benefit many who need organs, or are paralyzed, etc. But, we'd rather bicker over guns that can't be taken away, abortion laws that aren't changing, whether or not gays are gonna marry etc....or pour money into needless wars.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
......OK........Not sure where that came from we have a Political forum if i had wanted to get into that side of things I would have posted this there.
Again IMHO it could be as big a step in moderan medison as we will see ....regrowing oragans that are rejection proof is HUGE I wonder if it is done with other organs how it might expand life expectancy
It came from the fact that stem cells can be used to grow nearly any body part...not just hearts...and it has the potential to make those who are crippled walk again. But, yet the "moral majority" in our country oppose it. It has direct relevance to the topic.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
It is my understanding that the heart is Not useing Stem Cells but cells from the patent meaning that it will not be rejected
Stem cells can come from the patient as well....adults have stem cells..it's not just embryos. I know this isn't the most relaible source but here's the wikipedia link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_stem_cell
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Link
I rember reading about this a year or so ago if the Docs can make this a real solution it would have to go down as one of the greatest medical achevments in history </div></div>
My nephew's Dr is working on a similar project growing body parts (he was contracted by the US military). In line with his specialty he has succesfully grown a bladder from "scratch". These breakthroughs could mean big things for a lot of people.
Here's an article on this Dr:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...y/Science/home
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My nephew's Dr is working on a similar project growing body parts (he was contracted by the US military). In line with his specialty he has succesfully grown a bladder from "scratch". These breakthroughs could mean big things for a lot of people.
Here's an article on this Dr:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...y/Science/home </div></div>
Thanks for the link..... to me this seems like we are on the brink of some major medical breakthrous
Bookmarks